Job Announcement: Voter Outreach Specialist
Announcement date: July 1, 2021
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Job Description FY 2021:
(FTE 15-25 hours per week)
Mon-Thu 3:00pm to 8:00pm
Sat 11:00am to 4:00pm
Reports to: Field Coordinator
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
Summary of Position
The Voter Outreach Specialist engages in conversation with voters through phone calls, canvasses, or other means in support of our civic engagement and field work.
Primary Tasks and Areas of Responsibility
● Engage in productive phone conversations with voters throughout the state.
● May engage in canvassing or other activities to inform voters or solicit feedback.
● Follow procedures and instructions.
● Interpret and enhance basic script language to improve effectiveness.
● Take initiative to adapt conversation beyond script in order to achieve feedback goals of project/campaign.
● Exercise excellent communication abilities over the phone.
● Represent CVI in a professional manner at all times.
● Multi-task, stay organized, and use time productively.
● Complete reports in software as directed; accurately and on schedule.
● Maintain open communication with the team; collaborate with others.
● Stay in close contact with the Field Coordinator for scheduling and administrative issues.
● Escalate issues or concerns to the Field Coordinator immediately.
Required Skills and Behaviors
● Optimistic approach and flexibility.
● A teamwork mindset.
● Exemplary communication abilities and outgoing, yet poised personality.
● Clear enunciation and correct grammar.
● Ability to follow directions, read script.
● Ability to write at 8th grade level for reports.
● General experience in word processing and calendar software and ability to learn other
● A commitment to environmental conservation.
● Ability to learn, process and follow instructions.
● Tact and diplomacy; ability to deal with abrupt or rude behavior.
● Comfortable and self-confident about initiating conversations.
● Flexibility to move to new projects with little notice; deal with change and variety.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
● Prior experience in customer service or other interaction with the general public.
● Prior experience volunteering or working for non-profit organizations.
● Previous sales/customer service or call center experience is a plus.
● Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Starting pay is $13/hour or $13.50/hour for Spanish speakers
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
How to Apply
Send a resume and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Voter Outreach Specialist”