Job Announcement: Communications Associate
Download the Job Announcement Here
Announcement date: June 18, 2021
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and first review will begin: July 13, 2021
Conservation Voters for Idaho (CVI) protects Idaho’s environment and quality of life by informing, engaging and empowering citizens who care about our natural heritage and healthy communities. CVI is seeking a motivated individual to join our team and support our communications and marketing goals. The ideal candidate for this position has a passion for communications and believes that sharing the CVI story is fundamental to our organizational development and success. The position will assist in the implementation of our communications plan such as assisting in the coordination, drafting, and review process of public facing materials and digital content. They will provide editing and original writing services for CVI’s website, social media, and emails; maintain our website and contact databases; assemble and format digital analytics and data; provide staff support for events, and provide other communications and external relations support tasks as needed.
The Communications Associate will report directly to the Communications and Program Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
● Draft and edit outgoing communications for the organization including social media, website materials and blog posts, emails, and other materials.
● Steward our email subscriber program, work to increase the number of email and social media subscribers, and identify ways to increase open and click-through rates.
● Ensure contact databases and website are kept up-to-date.
● Maintain and grow CVI’s collection of photos, graphics, icons, infographics, and video clips to use in various digital content.
● Assist with the maintenance of our ongoing communications calendar of upcoming content.
● Help ensure that communications are consistent in design and tone, and follow the organizational style guide.
● Conduct interviews and story curation for social media, e-newsletter, and website content.
● Support the team with webinar presentations and email blasts, esp. around quality control.
● Maintain our library of CVI successes and news clips that help demonstrate the value of our organization.
● Monitor social media, website, and email analytics and provide monthly reports.
● Assist with the production and updating of organizational materials, including background
materials and collateral to leave with supporters.
○ Assist in drafting proposals and funder reports.
○ Assist with ad marketing efforts.
○ Work with relevant staff to keep website content fresh.
● Assist with organizing, promoting, and executing events during the year, including Green Tie and tabling events, to better engage supporters and expand our supporter base.
● Update and maintain our media contact list.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Applicants should have:
● Passion and enthusiasm for communications to expand CVI’s programs and statewide impact
● Passion for the organization’s mission, understanding of conservation issues and voting rights, along with a desire to be an ambassador for CVI
● A strong commitment to racial justice, equity, and inclusion
● An understanding of social media strategies and media relations
● Familiarity with communications
● Excellent writing and copy editing skills
● Highly organized, accurate, and responsible
● Needs to be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative
● Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations for communications approach
● Passion for creativity and innovation, loves providing new ideas and problem solving
● Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team
● Ability to multitask, identify priorities and meet deadlines
● Great interpersonal skills
● Experience in social media marketing
● Graphic design abilities/experience
● Photo and video experience
● Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva
● Bilingual in Spanish and English a plus
This is a full-time position based in Boise. Our full staff is currently working remotely due to COVID-19. We envision staff returning to the office once it is safe to do so with some ability to work from home or outside the office.
Salary range is $31,200 – $42,208 and will be dependent upon experience. Competitive benefits include Healthcare with CVI paying the full premium for the employee, retirement, Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account, generous time off including PTO, personal days, and holidays, and ability to work a flexible schedule.
CVI is committed to providing a fulfilling professional experience for our staff. Investing in our employees, supporting their professional growth, and creating a workplace that is committed to excellence and works to create lasting change for Idaho is the foundation of our work. All CVI employees have access to a number of trainings, workshops, and professional development opportunities relevant to their position and career goals.
This position may require some evening and weekend work.
Send a resume, three professional references, three writing samples, and a cover letter that addresses your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications Associate.”