Job Announcement: Voter Outreach Specialists
Announcement date: Sept. 28, 2020
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and will be open until filled.
Conservation Voters for Idaho (CVI) protects Idaho’s environment and quality of life by informing, engaging and empowering citizens who care about our natural heritage and healthy communities. CVI works to promote public awareness and increase civic engagement around conservation issues, and advocates for sound and sustainable environmental policy. CVI works to elect and support pro-conservation candidates at the state and local level, and to hold elected officials accountable for their actions on conservation issues.
We are seeking motivated individuals for the position of Voter Outreach Specialist to participate in phone banks and other voter outreach strategies to support our civic engagement and field work. Voter Outreach Specialists are required to regularly report observations from their conversations. Applicants must have good communication skills. Previous sales/customer service or call center experience is a plus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage in productive phone conversations throughout the state
- Use time productively and stay on task
- Exercise excellent communication abilities
- Be able to multi-task and stay organized
- Stay in close contact with the Field Associate for scheduling and administrative issues
- Degree in political science, public administration, or business administration.
- Five plus years experience in campaign management and involvement, including having volunteered, worked for, and managed political campaigns.
This is a part-time temporary position, 15-35 hours per week. Our full staff is currently working remotely due to COVID-19. We envision staff returning to the office once it is safe to do so with some ability to work from home or outside the office. Hourly rate is $13.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
End Date: November 3
2020 Shifts Available:
Flexible schedules are welcome provided that an applicant can work between 15-35 hours per week.
The following represents the times that are available for working hours:
- Mon-Thurs: 1pm to 8pm
- Saturday: 11-6pm GOTV
- Sunday Nov 1 11-4pm
- Monday Nov 2 11-8pm
- Tuesday Nov 3 11-7pm
Send a resume, list of three professional references, and a cover letter that addresses your interest in the position to email@example.com.