Job Announcement: Administrative Associate
Announcement date: Monday, January 7, 2019
Applications will be accepted until: Friday, January 18, 2019
Conservation Voters for Idaho (CVI) protects Idaho’s environment and quality of life by informing, engaging and empowering citizens who care about our natural heritage and healthy communities. A critical component to the success and sustainability of our organization is ensuring that our internal operations are efficient and effective. CVI is seeking a motivated individual for the position of Administrative Associate.
The Administrative Associate plays a key role in CVI’s day-to-day operations and administration. The Associate is responsible for reception, office management and maintenance, processing all invoices and receipts, assisting in grant management, and other key financial procedures. They serve in a support role for our program and development staff members, as well as our executive director.
The ideal candidate for this position is strongly detail-oriented, anticipates organizational needs, has basic technical abilities, is exceptionally organized, and is self-motivated. This position reports to the Development & Operations Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial operations support; including processing donations and other receipts, working closely with our bookkeeper, and accounts payable.
- Maintain office systems such as the phone system and copier, work with third party operators, and make improvements when needed.
- Maintain, enhance, develop, and implement systems that increase organizational effectiveness and promote institutional memory, such as written office procedures, the password book, and other process-orientated work.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and conduct general errands and courier service.
- Arrange meetings, manage office calendar, and prepare office and board room ahead of meetings.
- Facilitate board scheduling and follow up for the executive director.
- Ensure the office is well maintained and supplies are on hand.
- Manages grant files and helps ensures deadlines are met.
- Offer basic IT assistance/troubleshooting.
- Generate PAC reports and submit to the Secretary of State or local elections division on schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Applicants should have:
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage short and long-term deadlines.
- Good project management skills with a strong focus on details, preparation, organization and coordination.
- Problem solving orientation.
- Ability to work under own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Passion for the organization’s mission.
- Experience in office management or as an administrative assistant.
This is a full time position based in Boise. Salary range is $30,000-$35,000 depending upon experience with competitive benefits including healthcare and retirement. This position may require some evening and weekend work.
CVI is committed to providing a fulfilling professional experience for our staff. Investing in our employees, supporting their professional growth, and creating a workplace that is committed to excellence and works to create lasting change for Idaho is the foundation of our work. All CVI employees have access to a number of trainings and workshops relevant to their position and career goals.
Send a resume, three professional references, and cover letter that addresses your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Administrative Associate. Download a pdf of this announcement here.