Job Announcement: Communications Director
Announcement Date: April 29, 2019
Applications will be accepted until: May 31, 2019
Conservation Voters for Idaho (CVI) protects Idaho’s environment and quality of life by informing, engaging and empowering citizens who care about our natural heritage and healthy communities. A critical component to the success and sustainability of our organization is ensuring that our communications strategy is impactful and raises awareness of our organization by inviting people to become more involved in the work we do. CVI is seeking a motivated individual for the position of Communications Director to tell our story. The Executive Director will oversee this position.
The Communications Director conveys the mission of the organization through an effective communication plan. The individual in this position will strategize and implement the best use of platforms, resources and storytelling tools in collaboration with the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in media or public relations. We are looking for someone who can anticipate organizational needs, is self-motivated and uses communication strategies to connect with people.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement communication plans that highlight the organization, the people impacted by our programs, the issues we focus on and the election work we engage in.
- Manage and monitor news cycles related to elections, conservation and voting. Raise the profile of the organization by telling the CVI story. Connect with journalists and influencers to create a narrative that highlights bipartisan conservation support in Idaho.
- Direct communication strategies to support events, fundraising and activism.
- Research, write and produce content for CVI’s various communication platforms. Work with the development team to create donor-centric stories that express their impact in our work and inspire future giving.
- Plan, direct or coordinate the communications/public relations activities for the organization.
- Market and promote the organization’s goals and objectives to develop community support.
- Develop and oversee the execution of public and media relation programs, including writing and distributing press releases and alerts; creating and maintaining media contact lists; cultivating ongoing and special-events coverage.
- Support and work collaboratively with communications practitioners on PR/media opportunities; tracking results of PR efforts; and providing media training for organizational representatives.
- Serve as a spokesperson for official response to media inquiries.
- Preferred: At least five years in media, public relations, communication or a similar field.
This is a full-time position based in Boise. Salary range is $45,000-55,000 depending upon experience with competitive benefits including healthcare and retirement. This position may require some evening and weekend work.
CVI is committed to providing a fulfilling professional experience for our staff. Investing in our employees, supporting their professional growth, and creating a workplace that is committed to excellence and works to create lasting change for Idaho is the foundation of our work. All CVI employees have access to a number of trainings and workshops relevant to their position and career goals.
Send a resume, three professional references, and cover letter that addresses your interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Communications Director. See the PDF announcement here.
CVI is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We strongly encourage applications from people of color.