Since joining the team in 2016, it has been an honor to work with our talented staff and dedicated board to protect what makes Idaho, Idaho. Looking back, I’m humbled by the impact of this organization and proud of what we have accomplished together, and the time has come for me to move on.
Last year, I navigated a breast cancer diagnosis, requiring me to step away from the organization for a period of time as I focused on my health. Thankfully, it was an early diagnosis and I’m doing well. However, like so many who saw their priorities shift during a time of uncertainty with the pandemic, there has been a shift for me. After much consideration, I feel pulled to focus on my health and family, leading me to make the decision to step down as Executive Director of CVI this summer.
Seeing the ways in which the CVI team managed the opportunities and challenges while I was away, I know that the organization is well positioned to remain strong and impactful through a leadership transition. In 2023, we saw some of our biggest wins in organizational history, including:
- Historic $100 million dollar investment in Idaho’s outdoors.
- Over $500,000 political investment electing local conservation champions across the state, our largest investment to date.
- 23 Fellows completed the third year of our transformative Boards & Commissions Fellowship Program, totalling nearly 70 graduates in three years.
- CVI’s Voter Outreach Specialists, a team of eight dedicated organizers, connected in-person with over 11,800 voters, impacting key races.
- Our most successful Green Tie- raising over $50,000 from an engaged and growing Conservation Voter Movement.
As CVI looks ahead to our 20 year anniversary coming up in 2025, it feels like now is the best time, both personally and organizationally, to identify the next leader that will continue to advance our priorities in Idaho communities, at the polls, and in the statehouse.
While I’ll continue to support CVI through the end of June in my commitment to execute a successful transition, I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who have served as partners, supporters and friends to me in this work over the last eight years.
My time with CVI has been an exceptional experience, one that has helped me grow as an advocate, leader, and citizen. I am walking away from this organization full of pride and gratitude for what I know is possible when a group of deeply committed folks work together for a clean and healthy Idaho that is cherished and enjoyed by all.
Conservation Voters for Idaho